A very popular and very good question on the popular Clarisonic skincare brushes is “How often do I need to replace the brush head?” This is a very good question because if you wait to long before you change the brush head you could be causing more problems for your skin, where-as on the other hand if you change it to soon you are throwing away hard earned money.
The 3 Month Rule
If you look around the web you will find that most will recommend changing the brush head on the Clarisonic devices every 3 months, while this is a good guideline to go on it is also not perfect. The reason I say this is because someone who uses the device 2x times a day will most likely need to replace the brush head more often than someone who uses it 1x day or less.
Tell Tale Signs
Image Credit: GlitterAndGorgeous
There are a few tell tale signs that will indicate that the brush head needs replacing. Below I have listed the tell tale signs so you will know exactly when you need to replace your brush head on the Clarisonic, whether it will be in a month or six months. Here they are:
1. The first sign will be the color of the brush head. After many uses impurities such as dirt and make up etc will begin to build up on the brush head making it appear old and dirty.
2. The bristles on the brush head will start to become much softer, which means they will no longer be as effective cleaning deep withing the pores.
3. The last sign that will tell you for certain that your Clarisonic brush head needs replacing is the bristles becoming brittle and splitting. Once this begins to happen you will need to buy a replacement brush head.
If you do not buy a replacement brush head at this stage the Clarisonic device will be less effective, not only this is can also cause more problems.
The possible problems that could happen as a result of not replacing the brush head are:
- Impurities from the brush head blocking the pores.
- Bristles to soft to remove impurities, dead skin cells etc from deep within the pores.
- Aggravating the skin because to much pressure being applied because the bristles are less effective.
Twin Pack To Save $$$
If you do not want the hassle of buying new replacement brush heads every few months you can save a lot of money by purchasing them in a twin pack from Amazon.
Not Sure Which Brush Head To Buy?
You will find all the information you need there to help you decide which brush head is best suited for you and your skin type and condition.
Get free updates